"I have a very strong feeling that it will be solved pretty quickly", Trump said during his meeting with Qatari Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani in NY.
Trump and Sheikh Tamim later held a meeting in which the emir was careful to emphasize the strong Qatar-U.S. relationship after Trump appeared to be more sympathetic to the Saudi position at the start of the crisis. "I have a very strong feeling that it will be solved pretty quickly", Trump told reporters. Qatar is home to the largest USA military base in the Middle East.
"The countries who imposed the blockade on the state of Qatar interfere in the internal affairs of many countries, and accuse all those who oppose them domestically and overseas with terrorism".
The speech capped the emir's first foreign trip since his country was isolated by a Saudi-led bloc of Arab states in June.
Local Utility Crews Work to Restore Power in Florida
Almost 7.2 million homes and businesses are without power in multiple states as Tropical Storm Irma moves through the Southeast. Locations without power have been flagged to the state to help utilities prioritize their work, the group said in a statement.
Pakistan look to seal Independence Cup against World XI
Both Ahmed Shehzad and Babar Azam struggled to get the boundary shots as the World XI bowling attack made brisk scoring hard . Amla, the classy right-handed opener, remained unbeaten for a splendid 55-ball 72 laced with five fours and two sixes.
Narcos Location Scout Carlos Muñoz Portal Found Dead in Mexico
It wasn't clear if the murder would force producers to move production from Mexico back to Colombia, according to Variety . He had previously contributed to films such as Apocalypto , Fast & Furious, Sicario , and Spectre .
In one of the worst diplomatic disputed to hit the Persian Gulf region in decades, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain and the UAE cut diplomatic ties with Qatar and slapped an economic embargo on the country, accusing it of supporting terrorism.
During his address, the Emir said that his people felt betrayed by the hacking of QNA, as well as the ensuing blockade.
Underscoring that extremism and terrorism remain the most serious challenges confronting the world, the Amir of Qatar called on leaders to take concerted action against terrorist organizations and their extremist ideologies to maintain global security and stability.
The Qatari emir also said that he believed Trump's "interference will help a lot" in the dispute.
- Toys R Us files for bankruptcy in the United States and Canada
- Oil rises to five-week high as outlook for demand brightens
- Erdogan defends missile deal with Russian Federation
- Drugmaker Teva hires Lundbeck CEO Schultz to restore its health
- Senate Republicans Could Vote On Obamacare Repeal By End of Month
- Record number of terror arrests in year to June
- Janet Jackson nails her State of the World Tour, visits Hurricane evacuees
- Cops find red balloon floating in Stephen King's hometown
- GM Employees in Canada Go On Strike Over Production Shifts to Mexico
- Pittsburgh Steelers directly benefit from infighting by Cleveland Browns