A three-match ban would rule Alli out of the upcoming qualifiers against Slovenia and Lithuania, as well as potentially the first game of next year's World Cup in Russian Federation should England qualify.
The Manchester City midfielder has worked his way back into Pep Guardiola's first-team plans this season and looks set for an extended stint in the team, albeit at left-back, after Benjamin Mendy's injury.
Fit-again Jordan Pickford or Fraser Forster will take injured third-choice keeper Tom Heaton's place, though it remains to be seen whether Southgate replaces injured duo Danny Welbeck and Nathaniel Chalobah.
Stoke City vs Chelsea 09/22/2017 EPL Preview and Prediction
Honestly, in the last game I felt a really good atmosphere in the changing room - a good link between young players and old players.
Facebook to Share Russia-linked Ads With US Congress
Petersburg, Russia. "Those are democratic values and I don't want anyone to use our tools to undermine democracy. that's not what we stand for".
At Opening Speech At Huge BJP Meet, Amit Shah Targets Rahul Gandhi
The meeting will focus on arming the delegates with an array of arguments against the critics of the government's economic policy. Shah will review the progress of various organisational programmes suggested by him during his last visit to the State in August.
Leicester forward Jamie Vardy has been sidelined, following manager Craig Shakespeare's statement that he only returned to training on Thursday following a hip problem.
Sky Sports News had reported Alli would be selected for the squad regardless of whether he suspended by Federation Internationale de Football Association for making an offensive gesture during England's 2-1 win over Slovakia at Wembley last month. "We hope common sense prevails", said Southgate, who said England would consider appealing any suspension.
The 47-year-old told reporters: "Fabian Delph is a really good player". We have a situation in midfield where we need more competition and more alternative.
Delph, 27, last played for England nearly two years ago when coming off the bench in an global friendly defeat to Spain. "He was a very important player for a period with Roy (Hodgson) and he's been unfortunate with injuries". "We hope to have him available".
- Trump expands travel ban to include North Korea, Venezuela and Chad
- Dubai Tests Flying Taxi Drone For Future Ride-Hailing Service
- President Trump backs Luther Strange at rally in Huntsville
- Martin Keown compares Arsenal youngster to Neymar after Europa League performance
- Hundreds of Homes Evacuated as 2000 Acre Canyon Fire Burns Near Corona
- Rand Paul: Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill 'a Bad Idea'
- Makes no difference where I bat: Hardik Pandya
- Ousted Thai PM Yingluck sentenced in absentia to 5 years for negligence
- Republican McConnell holds out hope for Obamacare repeal
- Dominica's Prime Minister Says Hurricane Maria Left 15 Dead