Google has released a new beta version of Android Wear, but it's an update that's going to be of interest to a very limited number of people. Since there are not many Android 8.0 Oreo driven phones in the market, Oreo was not seen in the Android distribution chart by Google.
Other versions of Android, which are running on less than 0.1% of devices, are not accounted for in this distribution table.
This is then followed by Android Lollipop on 27.7% and Android KitKat on 14.5 %.
So, here are the detailed Android platform share figures, with comparison to the previous month for some context...
What to expect from Google's Pixel 2 reveal event
Thanks to a fresh leak from a popular online retailer, we've also now got a few more details about the rumored Google Home Mini . The Google Pixel 2 XL , on the other hand, is being manufactured by LG and it is pretty evident from the aesthetics.
England to include Dele Alli in next squad despite Federation Internationale de Football Association ban threat
We have a situation in midfield where we need more competition and more alternative. The 47-year-old told reporters: " Fabian Delph is a really good player".
India and United States condemn Pakistan's approach to terrorism
Responding to a question on Pakistan, Mattis said it has come out recently again saying that they are fighting the terrorists. Mattis said the talks covered ways to further enhance defense trade and technology collaboration between defense industries.
Android 8.0 Oreo was introduced on August 22 and even though many smartphone OEMs such as BlackBerry, HTC, Sony, Nokia, Huawei and Motorola have confirmed the list of their devices that will be upgraded to Oreo, none of the smartphones except for Google devices have received the Android 8.0.
Speaking of Nougat which was released last August, it has seen a total of increase of 2.0% from 15.8% last month to 17.8% this month.
These numbers detail which versions of Android were used to access the Google Play Store during the 7-day period ending on October 2.
Other older Android versions listed in the latest distribution data include Android Jelly Bean which has a combined share of 6.6 percent while Android 4.0.x or Ice Cream Sandwich has 0.6 percent share, and Android Gingerbread (v2.3.3-2.3.7), in Google's latest numbers, registered a share of 0.6 percent. Sony Xperia XZ1 already runs Oreo while the XZ1 Compact is also expected to ship with the latest version of Android. This is the reason why continued updates for these phones don't make a big difference on the distribution chart.
- Martin Keown compares Arsenal youngster to Neymar after Europa League performance
- Megyn Kelly's Botches Jane Fonda Interview and Her Ratings Tank
- Jenkins: GOP's tax reform plan isn't like the Kansas 'experiment'
- Dubai Tests Flying Taxi Drone For Future Ride-Hailing Service
- Guj polls: Amit Shah holds meeting with Jaitley, Rupani
- Champions League: Money doesn't score goals - Robben mocks PSG
- Processions, majalis for 10th of Muharram conclude peacefully across country
- Makes no difference where I bat: Hardik Pandya
- Ryan Gosling cracks up again in another SNL sketch about alien abductions
- Former military man named as new leader of British UKIP