Another person has died from exposure to synthetic marijuana - the fourth in just the last few weeks, the IL department of Public Health said. A chemical found in rat poison, brodifacoum, prevents blood from clotting, resulting in severe bleeding.
On Monday, the state's public health department announced it would receive almost one million donated tablets of vitamin K, which will be used to treat people with bleeding resulting from synthetic cannabinoid use, according to a statement made by the public health department's director, Dr. Nirav Shah.
In recent weeks, victims have begun showing up in hospital emergency rooms after coughing up blood, bleeding in the urine, nose or gums, or having internal bleeding, officials said. Two men, one in his 20s and another in his 40s have also died in Central Illinois.
Ex-Indian FM Yashwant quits BJP
Time and again I said the BJP is my first and last party but if they want to oust me they are free to do but at their own risk. Training his guns at Modi, Tejashwi said that "a Prime Minister should be like that of a statesman and not like stuntman".
The Cleveland Cavaliers need more from Kevin Love
Knowing that, it's imperative for Oladipo to remain out of foul trouble and on the floor. He kept getting what he wanted. "That just led to lack of execution on offense".
Amy Adams Goes Dark (and Wet) for HBO's First 'Sharp Objects' Trailer
HBO released the first trailer for their new mini-series Sharp Objects and it looks pretty intense. As she digs into the tragedy, she is ensnared by a psychological mystery from her own past.
A woman in her 30s died in IL as a result of smoking synthetic marijuana, the state's public health department announced on Tuesday. "It's not from what we can tell the synthetic marijuana itself that's causing the bleeding". "Like so many other drugs, synthetic cannabinoids are addictive and people are not able to give them up". The donation comes from the Bausch Foundation, the independent charitable organization of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
Patients are treated with intravenous transfusions of vitamin K to restore their blood's clotting ability, followed by vitamin K pills. IDPH Director Dr. Nirav Shah says the donation will allow patients "to receive lifesaving treatment free of charge". Often the chemical ingredients, which are mixed with plant materials, changed to dodge certain laws, resulting in unpredictable, unsafe and deadly results.
- Queen hopes her son Charles takes over as head of Commonwealth
- FAA orders more engine inspections after Southwest accident
- Minnesota prosecutor won't file charges in Prince's death
- Maroney: Abused hundreds of times by Nassar
- New exoplanet hunter in place of the Kepler successfully launched from Florida
- James Comey taps former US Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald for legal help
- Oil jumps 3% on U.S. crude drawdown
- Venom's first official trailer shows us what we want to see
- Buhari Says Nigeria Reduced Importation Of Rice By About 90%
- Judge: Full speed ahead on Greitens trial despite "serious" violations by prosecutors