Zlatan Ibrahimovic's public flirtation and seeming committal to returning to the Swedish national team for the World Cup was a big tease. It read, "Zlatan Ibrahimovic has previously refused to play in the national team - and he has not changed".
However, in recent weeks, the idea of Ibrahimovic potentially making a shock return to the global fold for the 2018 World Cup in Russian Federation has prompted plenty of discussion. He had announced his retirement from the national team after Sweden's exit from the Euro 2016 in France.
Sweden open their World Cup Group F campaign against South Korea on June 18 before going on to meet Germany and Mexico. "I talked to Zlatan on Tuesday".
He said last month he wanted to concentrate on settling into his career in Major League Soccer before thinking about the World Cup.
Mitt Romney Confronts Senate Run off in Utah
In order to secure the nomination, a candidate needed to achieve 60% of the vote at Utah's state Republican convention. Instead, he was edged out by state lawmaker Mike Kennedy, who got 51 percent of the vote to Romney's 49 percent.
DOJ is investigating Huawei for violating Iran sanctions
China's ZTE is seeking a resolution to a U.S. ban on selling it parts and software that it has said threatens its survival. AT&T Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc., the biggest USA carriers, dropped plans to sell Huawei's latest smartphones.
Heat's Winslow fined for intentionally stepping on Embiid's mask in Game 3
After Game 3 of the teams' playoff series on Thursday night, that rivalry took a very large step forward. But there was controversy in the second quarter of the game after his mask fell off and onto the court.
Sweden's manager, Janne Andersson, stressed after securing qualification that the national team needed to move away from being built around Zlatan and evolve into something else.
Andersson hasn't spoken to Ibrahimovic recently but insinuated having Ibrahimovic back on the team would have caused issues.
The former Manchester United striker has been an immediate hit with the Galaxy by scoring three goals in his first four MLS games.
- UK Home Secretary Admits to Targets Over Removal of Illegal Immigrants
- Apple Says iOS 11 is Now Installed on 76% of iOS Devices
- Ex-Indian FM Yashwant quits BJP
- Amir Khan returns to boxing with incredible 39-second KO
- Ford minimizing vehicle lineup in the United States
- Colorado Rockies vs. San Diego Padres
- Interested In Stock? Read This First: CNX Midstream Partners LP (CNXM)
- Donald Trump thanks Kanye West after rapper expresses 'love'
- Venom's first official trailer shows us what we want to see
- AT Bancorp Has $1162000 Holding in Magellan Midstream Partners, LP (MMP)