A 4.5 magnitude natural disaster struck about 8 miles north of Cabazon near Palm Springs at 4:49 a.m. Tuesday, the USGS reported.
The first quake was a 4.5 magnitude, while the second was a 3.2, the USGS reported.
While information is still coming in, the government agency said there is a low likelihood of casualties and damage.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake was felt from the Inland Empire region to Los Angeles and Orange counties. Preliminary reports from firefighters suggested there was no damage.
Billy Donovan is returning as coach — Thunder GM Presti
Those tenets were followed throughout the year and continued to be. "I felt strongly about the relationship", Presti said. Presti acknowledged that Wednesday while hitting on some key points going into another pivotal offseason.
Matt Harvey's Time With the Mets is Over
Harvey was named the starting pitcher for the 2013 MLB All-Star Game at Citi Field, getting the nod over Clayton Kershaw. Over the last two seasons, he's put forth a 6.77 ERA and struck out just over a batter per walk issued.
'Avengers: Infinity War' Scores Second-Biggest Second Weekend Ever
The Chadwick Boseman-starrer landed in sixth place, taking in $3.2 million from 1,641 locations in its 12th weekend. Disney and Marvel's latest collaboration earned $112.5 million from 4,474 locations in its second frame.
There were no immediate reports of injuries.
Though scores of Southern Californians felt the predawn quakes, Jones assured residents that temblors of this size are fairly common statewide and are representative of normal California natural disaster activity. More than 6,700 people had reported feeling the earth movements by 5:30 a.m. on the official USGS website.
A small natural disaster rattled a large swath of Southern California. Twitter user David Elias, who tweeted from Woodcrest in Riverside County, joked that "an natural disaster wakes me up like an alarm never could". A woman in Pico Rivera in southeast L.A. County tweeted: "Wow the quake was all the way in Banning, I thought it was here".
- Jurgen Klopp confident Liverpool will succeed in quest for top-four finish
- National Basketball Association play-offs: Cavaliers beat Raptors to reach Eastern Conference finals
- Gov. Reynolds signs fetal heartbeat bill
- Frank Lampard: Rangers job "great opportunity" for Steven Gerrard
- Square Enix Announces An E3 Showcase Scheduled for Monday, June 11th
- South Cambridgeshire Lib Dems take power in from Tories
- USA checks reports three American detainees relocated in N.Korea
- Woman bets $18, wins $1.2 million on Kentucky Derby
- Free FIFA 18 World Cup Game Update Announced, Release Date Confirmed
- WhatsApp gets new feature to open chat window: Here's how it works