A Polish highway was shut down on Wednesday when a tanker truck full of liquid chocolate crashed and spilled its contents across the road. While the driver has been taken to the hospital with a broken arm, firefighters are struggling to remove a reported 12 tons of solid chocolate from the roadway.
Officials say that the chocolate began to cool and harden nearly immediately, making cleanup a hard task.
Local police said it was unclear why the truck belonging to a sweet maker slammed into the central reservation on highway A2 between the western towns of Wrzesnia and Slupca.
Officials said large quantities of water would be required to clear the liquid chocolate off the road.
4.5-magnitude earthquake strikes near Cabazon, USGS says
While information is still coming in, the government agency said there is a low likelihood of casualties and damage. Geological Survey said the quake was felt from the Inland Empire region to Los Angeles and Orange counties.
Free FIFA 18 World Cup Game Update Announced, Release Date Confirmed
You can create your own World Cup tournament offline including licensed teams who didn't qualify like Italy . Build your dream global squad with stars from all 32 qualified nations plus legendary FIFA World Cup ICONS .
'Avengers: Infinity War' Scores Second-Biggest Second Weekend Ever
The Chadwick Boseman-starrer landed in sixth place, taking in $3.2 million from 1,641 locations in its 12th weekend. Disney and Marvel's latest collaboration earned $112.5 million from 4,474 locations in its second frame.
"Once it hardens, chocolate's worse than snow".
The driver, reportedly aged in his 60s, is being treated for minor injuries.
The accident took place at around 5.30am when there was thankfully very little traffic, but photos reveal that the motorway railings were badly damaged.
Ugh, just think of 24 tons of chocolate being jet-washed away.
- Playoffs: Davis puts Pelicans back in contention
- NRA Tells Judge It Fears Harassment in Suit Over Florida Gun Law
- New Instagram code reveals 'music stickers' feature for Stories
- Anthony Davis leads Pelicans past Warriors in National Basketball Association
- Man shoots self after killing 3 people in MD home
- Knife crime has created a war zone in Britain, says Donald Trump
- Woman bets $18, wins $1.2 million on Kentucky Derby
- WhatsApp gets new feature to open chat window: Here's how it works
- Clay is out for justice in 13 Reasons Why season 2 trailer
- Valeant tries to leave the past behind with name change, shares surge