The market ended with marginal losses as investors turned cautious ahead of the Karnataka assembly elections on May 12.
Brent crude futures, the worldwide benchmark for oil prices, hit their strongest since November 2014 at Dollars 77.76 per barrel on Thursday. Intra-day, it hovered between 10,689.85 and 10,766.25.
The Sensex was up by 103.03 points or 0.29 per cent at the Wednesday's closing. USA light crude futures rose 0.8 per cent. Energy shares soared as crude oil prices reached 3-1/2-year highs, with investors betting the U.S. withdrawal from a nuclear agreement with Iran would increase tensions in the Middle East and curtail oil supply.
Meanwhile, on a net basis, foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) sold shares worth Rs 704.03 crore, while domestic institutional investors (DIIs) bought shares worth Rs 664.92 crore yesterday, provisional data showed.
Selena Gomez Reacts To Seeing Her Dark Tan in Met Gala Pictures
Less is supposed to be more, unless you're Selena Gomez's makeup artist armed with a bronzing brush and tanning mit. The singer wore a custom Coach silk gown that had layers, crystals and a super-long train.
Look at drugmaker's $1.2M deal with Trump lawyer
Novartis admitted it made a costly mistake in making payments totaling almost $1.2 million to Cohen's firm. The Stormy Daniels hush payment was the first of many involving Resolution Consultants.
Valeant tries to leave the past behind with name change, shares surge
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International ( NYSE : VRX ) (TSE: VRX ) last released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May 8th. Now the stock price is moving -25.67% off from the highest level of twelve months and +87.22% above from twelve months low.
"Banks/financials are under pressure due to rise in yield and earlier recognition of stressed assets".
ICICI Bank (+1.8%), M&M (+1.3%), Zee (+1.2%), Eicher (+1.1%) and Tech Mahindra (+0.98%) were the top gainers on the NSE. The Nifty Pharma and Nifty Metal sub-index of NSE fell 1.83 per cent and 1.04 per cent respectively. Among the sectoral indices on the BSE, Realty was down 2.02 per cent, followed by Power (-1.55 per cent) and Healthcare (-1.52 per cent).
Shares of Federal Bank slumped almost 12 per cent after the company reported a fall of 43.5 per cent in standalone net profit for the quarter ended March 2018.
Minutes into trading, it was quoting at 35,440.82 points, up by 121.47 points, or 0.34 per cent.
- National Basketball Association play-offs: Cavaliers beat Raptors to reach Eastern Conference finals
- Man shoots self after killing 3 people in MD home
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Scores Second-Biggest Second Weekend Ever
- Giuliani says Trump was 'unaware' of lawyer Cohen's consulting income
- WhatsApp gets new feature to open chat window: Here's how it works
- New Instagram code reveals 'music stickers' feature for Stories
- Spain nearly banned from this weekend's Eurovision Song Contest — SNAP JUDGEMENT
- NASA launches Colorado built InSight spacecraft to Mars to dig down deep
- Clay is out for justice in 13 Reasons Why season 2 trailer
- Coli romaine lettuce outbreak mystifies scientists