Suarez is still a threat on his own, but the understanding up front between he and Cavani makes a world of difference to Uruguay in the final third. But now that they're here, the knockouts begin and the room for error gets even smaller.
Uruguay and Portugal have faced off on two previous occasions, but never at the World Cup.
Uruguay had not conceded in any of their six matches in 2018 but almost 10 hours of resistance came to an end courtesy of a simple set-piece move in the 55th minute.
Tabarez, who is in his 14th year as Uruguay manager, albeit across two spells, is understandably planning that his side will have to work as a team to contain the five-time Ballon D'Or victor.
F1 Raceweek: Mercedes rivals praying for rain on Paul Ricard return
McLaren still fared better than former champions Williams , who had Russian Sergey Sirotkin 19th and Canadian Lance Stroll 20th. Mercedes kept Hamilton out until lap 33 when he stopped for the soft tyres, emerging behind Raikkonen who had yet to stop.
Driving change: Saudis end ban on women behind wheel
For almost three decades, outspoken Saudi women and the men who supported them had called for women to have the right to drive . The 25-year-old said that it took her 30 minutes to write the lyrics to the song and tune because she felt inspired.
Hey Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are mocking your cross-play ‘support’
On July 16, a new Fortnite PS4 Bundle is set to release that includes an exclusive "Royale Bomber" skin among other goodies. Sony has ignored pressure from the public and from game makers regarding opening the PS4 to cross-platform play.
This was a big win for Uruguay, but it was also an important victory for South America considering the European dominance of this World Cup so far.
Uruguay topped Group A with three victories, scoring five goals and keeping three clean sheets, and they looked close to their best when thumping host nation Russian Federation 3-0 in the final group game. A beauty of a passing display led to an early Edinson Cavani goal that put them up 1-0.
Quaresma bent a cross towards Ronaldo, but just over him, and Bernardo Silva's low ball in was cleared before Manuel Fernandes came on for Portugal in place of Joao Mario.
"Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best strikers in the world", Tabarez said. Meanwhile, three of Portugal's last four goals have come from outside the box. Uruguay looking much more comfortable than the Portuguese. "I believe that our players are prepared".
A short corner was worked to Guerreiro and Uruguay did not respond to the threat, the left-back delivering a superb cross that defender Pepe finished brilliantly with a downward header. "We're there to win".
- European Union leaders hold 'frank and open' talks at emergency migration summit
- Southgate not anxious by Russian heat, Panama play down line-up gaffe
- LeBron James contacted Kevin Durant about leaving Golden State Warriors
- Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Conan O'Brien unite for Trump response
- When is the Fortnite Playground LTM coming back?
- OPEC agrees modest hike in oil supply after Saudi and Iran compromise
- Tesla vs Former Employee Story Takes Bizarre Twist With an Alleged Threat
- A Supreme Court Ruling Could Make Your Online Purchases More Expensive
- Akash Ambani, Shloka go traditional for pre-engagement bash
- Spain face World Cup date with destiny against Iran