Photos shared by the Virginia State police department showed extensive damage to the residential structure, with the worst of the destruction occurring on the second floor.
WAVY-TV cited dispatchers reporting that a helicopter had crashed. State Police say the confirmed fatality inside the residence is not the pilot of the helicopter.
The impact of the crash sparked up a fire at the townhouse complex, which is surrounded by several other residential units.
The aircraft was an R44 helicopter, according to the FAA, which tweeted updates about the crash over the weekend. Authorities said the helicopter went down around 4:30 p.m.in the 1100 block of Settlement Drive, which is near the campus of William & Mary.
Another resident, Brook Sweeney, who has lived in the complex since October, said he was watching TV when he heard a noise that he at first thought was a auto accident.
Twitter reacts as Uruguay edge past Portugal
Uruguay looking much more comfortable than the Portuguese. "I believe that our players are prepared". Uruguay and Portugal have faced off on two previous occasions, but never at the World Cup .
Coast-to-coast protests denounce Trump immigration policies
In Los Angeles, Angelica Salas said she has been marching to fix the immigration system for almost two decades. She said organizers have notified police about their plans and expect the rally to remain peaceful.
LeBron James’ reps meeting with Philadelphia
Gilbert and James mended some fences for his return in 2014, but they remain distant other than a shared commitment to winning. Always one to pride himself on efficiency, James shot 54.2 percent from the field and 36.7 percent from three-point range.
Doug Brazy with the National Transportation Safety Board also spoke at the news conference. "I just heard a loud "bam" and the whole house was on fire", Sweeney said.
The College of William and Mary said the incident happened near Dillard Complex and that people should avoid the area.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- Iran issues oil warning as UAE says production can rise
- Donald Trump Grossly Mocks #MeToo Movement At Montana Rally & Twitter Annihilates Him
- Meghan Markle’s $1 million wardrobe - and counting
- USA judge orders migrant families to be reunited
- Wimbledon Day 3 round-up: Catch all the action here
- Independence Day: Parades and Fireworks
- United Kingdom police in protective suits seen at site of new Novichok poisoning
- Nearly Half of Americans Think President Trump Is Racist
- World Cup last-16 match report Brazil v Mexico, 02 July 2018
- More than a dozen Ice agents call for agency to be abolished