In the final, Schwarber came in just under his total from the semifinals with 18 homers and Harper started off his round slowly, but rallied late and got the tying homer with just a few seconds left. And congratulations to Bryce Harper on winning the 2018 Home Run Derby!
So that's your challenge this week, to name all the Home Run Derby winners since its inception.
Harper finished second in the 2013 Derby, but things went better this time.
Hoskins drove out 17 homers to eliminate Aguilar who hit 12.
Syria war: Thousands return home in south-west
A Syrian opposition flag is erected at the Syrian-Jordanian border at the Nasib crossing in Deraa province, Syria August 27, 2017.
Hamas plans to attack Israel with 'exploding drones'
Hamas already has deployed several drones to infiltrate Israel and exploited the incidents as propaganda victories, IPT said. Hamas, which governs the Gaza Strip, condemned the move and called the initial closing last week a "crime against humanity".
Trump Administration Will Not Meet Deadline for Reuniting Young Children
The department has manually reviewed the cases of all 11,800 children in its custody by working nights and weekends, White said. The government says the reunification process is going faster for parents now in ICE custody than those who have been released.
Yes, it was. The Home Run Derby was tonight.
Schwarber advanced to the final against Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper, the hometown favorite who tied a District of Columbia flag bandanna around his head and knocked off Atlanta's Freddie Freeman and the Los Angeles Dodgers' Max Muncy. However, the slugger had earned a 30-second time bonus by hitting two home runs longer than 440 feet. However, Schwarber hit a hot streak and edged him out with time to spare. Eight hitters competed in a home run bracket featuring a series of head-to-head competitions.
I'm going to put my money on - note: I am not actually putting money on the Home Run Derby - on Jesus Aguilar. Why?
In 2019, the All-Star festivities will move to Progressive Field in Cleveland. The event simply lacked the kind of star power that it regularly featured in the past, which might not bode well for the future.
- United Kingdom police in protective suits seen at site of new Novichok poisoning
- Manchester United agree deal to sell Daley Blind back to Ajax
- Angelique Kerber Beats Serena Williams to Win Wimbledon Championship
- Whole Foods Deals to Expect on Amazon Prime Day 2018
- Lawyer for porn star Stormy Daniels says she was arrested
- Papa John’s is removing founder from ads after he used racial slur
- Donald Trump may meet his 'friend' Boris Johnson during UK visit
- Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh Racked Up Huge Debt Buying Nationals Tickets
- Twitter Reacts to Kylie Jenner Becoming the Youngest Self-Made Billionaire
- Real Madrid Transfers: £150 Million Bid For Eden Hazard Coming?