As well as taking down the videos, the InfoWars YouTube channel has been hit by a penalty known as a "community strike", which stops it broadcasting live for 90 days. It was not clear if YouTube and Facebook removed the same videos.
During Thursday's "Tucker Carlson Tonight", Carlson defended Jones from Facebook's suspension and invoked the story of the White House banning CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins from covering a Wednesday event at the White House. On YouTube, channels that receive three strikes within three months are terminated. Each video removed is a "strike" against the page, but unlike YouTube, Facebook has not publicly discussed how many strikes will result in permanent action against a page or a personality.
I Gave Up ‘Nothing’ In Russia Summit
Trump adds on the Putin meeting: "Also, we got along very well, which is a good thing, except for the Corrupt Media!" Rep. Mr Coats has previously said Russian Federation has attempted to undermine USA democracy.
Google finds friend in Trump amid European Union battle
Google Search and Chrome are as a result pre-installed on the "significant majority" of devices sold in the EU, the European Commission says.
Jurgen Klopp unconcerned with Mohamed Salah's shoulder as star makes Liverpool return
On came Salah - scorer of 44 goals for the club last season - and he caused chaos with his pace, direct running and eagerness. I am not concerned about what one of us said one day and the circumstances.
"We reviewed the content against our Community Standards and determined that it violates", the spokesperson told Mashable. Livestreams were being hosted Thursday afternoon by Ron Gibson, who describes his channel as part of Alex Jones' Free Speech Systems network. While the social network may further clarify this incident, it remains unclear what does and doesn't violate the social network's content guidelines - especially after it decided just days ago that Jones' rant accusing special counsel Robert Mueller of pedophilia could stay on the platform. The Alex Jones Channel received a strike back in February, but that has since expired. At the same time they are telling us how important it is that people should be able to say what they think, they are agitating for Alex Jones to be pulled off YouTube. While that video didn't prompt Facebook to action, apparently bringing up the controversy did. "All four videos have been removed from Facebook".
In regards to punishments for personal accounts and pages, Facebook issues a strike to the page admin that posted the content violation as well as the page on which it was posted.
- White House, State at odds over Putin’s interview proposal
- Trump claims ex-lawyer's phone recording 'perhaps illegal'
- Hazard, Kante and Willian star in Chelsea poster amid transfer talk
- Tuesday forecast: Chance of storms, slightly cooler
- Manchester United agree deal to sell Daley Blind back to Ajax
- GOP leaders still have questions about Trump's meeting with Putin
- Trump criticises Federal Reserve interest rate policy despite strong economy
- Ambiguous comments from homeland chief on election meddling
- Twitter reacts to how jacked Bryce Harper's father is (The Sports Daily)
- Netflix shares fall 14% after it misses subscriber, revenue expectations