Cole Hamels will be heading to the Chicago Cubs in a trade from the Texas Rangers, so long as everyone involved passes their physicals. The Cubs stepped up their efforts on Thursday after losing out on lefty J.A. Happ, who was traded by the Toronto Blue Jays to the New York Yankees. That included making 11 starts a year ago when the rotation was hit with injuries.
Hamels is 1-3 in his last five starts, allowing 25 earned runs in 22 innings and raising his ERA from 3.41 to a career-high 4.72. The lefty said he wasn't sure yet when he would make his first start for Chicago. Among starting pitchers with at least 90 innings this year, Chatwood's 19.4% walk rate leads the league ... by almost SIX PERCENTAGE POINTS.
At minimum, he gives them additional rotation depth to use while Yu Darvish is out injured and Tyler Chatwood is busy walking the world. He's given up 16 home runs over 59 innings at home and 7 home runs over 55 1/3 innings on the road. For his career, Hamels, a four-time all-star, is 7-6 with a 3.48 ERA in October and was the most valuable player of both the NL Championship Series and World Series in 2008 as the ace of the Phillies.
Donald Trump says Putin responsible for Russian meddling in 2016 election
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders speaks during a press briefing at the White House in Washington , U.S., July 18, 2018. He, however, backtracked a day later on his return to the United States and said that he misspoke in the joint news conference.
Jurgen Klopp unconcerned with Mohamed Salah's shoulder as star makes Liverpool return
On came Salah - scorer of 44 goals for the club last season - and he caused chaos with his pace, direct running and eagerness. I am not concerned about what one of us said one day and the circumstances.
Hot dog! Snag these National Hot Dog Day deals
What's in a name: Hot dogs got their nickname "frankfurters" after being invented in in Frankfurt, Germany in 1484. Yes, the hot dog is only one dollar! Dine-in only, while supplies last for new users at participating locations.
The Cubs' deal to acquire Cole Hamels from the Rangers is done, according to Yahoo Sports.
The Rangers clinched the AL West title on the final day of the 2015 regular season when Hamels threw a three-hitter against the Los Angeles Angels. "That was something I wanted to be able to do in Texas, and it didn't happen". The Cubs referenced that no-hitter in a tweet after the trade was announced.
- Trump’s financial aid offer to farmers criticized as tax-funded ‘welfare’
- Trump criticises Federal Reserve interest rate policy despite strong economy
- No-deal Brexit will cost the EU up to $250bn, warns IMF
- Ambiguous comments from homeland chief on election meddling
- Danica Patrick roasts LeBron James, J.R. Smith at ESPYS
- Trump on Mexico Trade: 'May Have Something Worked Out'
- New boss Sarri vows to bring the fun back to the Bridge
- Disney wins bidding war for Fox; Comcast drops to focus on Sky
- Flash flood watch extended through Wednesday for Williamsburg region | Williamsburg
- GOP leaders still have questions about Trump's meeting with Putin