The MacCoin, which was unveiled on Sunday by the fast food giant, will be available to customers in 14,000 participating stores in the USA and can be cashed in for one free Big Mac.
And what's the coin good for?
Then, from August 3 through the end of the year, diners can redeem each coin for one free Big Mac.
The hope is that the 50,000 coins up for grabs in Canada, and another 6,150,000 in 49 more countries around the globe, will begin to circulate quickly and be seen as one of the QSR's biggest global PR activations to date, adds Grachnik.
Action needed to treat millions infected with viral hepatitis
If the liver is grossly damaged and is unable to perform its work, it may have to be replaced by a liver transplantation. And as reported by World Hepatitis Alliance (WHA), hepatitis is known to cause two in every three liver cancer deaths.
Irish 18-Year-Old Gets Chance To Impress Pep Guardiola
Despite not carving out a single clear chance in the first half, Guardiola only made one change at the break as Joe Hart replaced Bravo.
See the dark side of the moon
In addition, the Earth is closer to the Sun during the northern hemisphere summer so its shadow is larger than average, he said. The fact that the moon appears so small and takes longer to pass through Earth's shadow is also why the eclipse lasts longer.
McDonald's should have enough money by now to start their own currency.
Fifty years after the birth of the Big Mac in western Pennsylvania, the "Golden Arches" is celebrating the double-decker burger's golden anniversary in a big way. This global connectivity of the Big Mac inspired the creation of the MacCoin. Its Big Mac sculpture is 14 feet tall and 12 feet in diameter. But McDonald's still hasn't changed its burger.
One way you can get them is to by entering the #BigMac50 contest on Twitter @McDonaldsCanada, from August 2nd until August 8th and sharing why they love the Big Mac.
According to a press release, the MacCoin, accepted in 57 countries, will be available in "five designs celebrating the five decades of the Big Mac" and it "will have a globally accepted value drawing inspiration from the Big Mac Index - the burger is so ubiquitous that The Economist even uses it to measure global purchasing power".
- United States senators to introduce tougher Russian Federation sanctions bill
- Trader Joe's shooting started with domestic feud, family says
- Trump secures concessions from European Union to avoid trade war
- GOP leaders still have questions about Trump's meeting with Putin
- Tour de France: three crucial stages that will decide yellow jersey
- LeBron James Is Doing a Talk Show for HBO
- Danica Patrick roasts LeBron James, J.R. Smith at ESPYS
- Trump on Mexico Trade: 'May Have Something Worked Out'
- Demi Lovato Awake & Recovering In Hospital From OD
- Flash flood watch extended through Wednesday for Williamsburg region | Williamsburg