Chelsea also had a far from easy afternoon against previously winless Bournemouth but second half goals from Pedro and Eden Hazard secured the points for Maurizio Sarri's men, meaning the Blues go into the global break with maximum points from their four games played.
"It is so painful to concede two goals like this", Pochettino said.
- This was the first time that Tottenham lost a game in which they had been leading in the Premier League since November 2016 against eventual champions Chelsea, ending a run of 48 league matches without defeat when taking the lead at any stage.
"I think it is important to clarify the point, first half we were so relaxed, we dominated the game, but we were not aggressive enough".
It remains to be seen how long Javi Gracia's third-placed side can remain among the upper echelon, but this win confirmed they are now there on merit.
The win saw Watford break new ground as they became the first side to win their opening four league games of a top flight campaign in the club's history. "If you want to be a contender and to be on top you can not concede from this type of action.
Pakistan disputes United States account of Pompeo-Khan phone call
Qureshi generally echoed Nauert's reading of the overall discussion, saying Pompeo sought a productive bilateral relationship. With respect to Afghanistan, both the leaders agreed that peace is a priority for the two countries.
OJ Simpson squirms as Sacha Baron Cohen calls him a 'lady-killer'
In the segment, which took place in Las Vegas, Gio introduced his girlfriend, Christina, who pretended not to recognize Simpson. Cohen, as Monaldo, also says he wants to be introduced to Simpson's defence lawyer, Johnnie Cochran .
'Crazy Rich Asians' author wanted in Singapore over national service
He reportedly applied twice to renounce his citizenship at a later date, but was rejected as he had not served in the military. The film, with a mostly eastern Asian cast, has drawn criticism for not representing Singapore's multi-ethnic society.
Sometimes people talk about the perception but the reality was on the pitch and the reality is if you want to be a contender, today you need to win".
"We need to show more respect to this competition", Pochettino said. 1-1 was the score at halftime, but it didn't last much longer than that.
'Of course, in the end we want to compete for the first three places, ' Belgium forward Hazard said following the 2-0 win over Bournemouth. "Because he has warned them and some of them have not heeded the warning, I can't remember him being that annoyed [as he was in his post-match interview]".
"It's about energy and communication".
Chairman Daniel Levy said: "We are all focused on ensuring contractors deliver our new stadium in the shortest possible period of time and opening our stadium at the earliest opportunity". We showed that against Newcastle and Fulham and at Old Trafford. "For us we are a little bit in the shadow".
Tottenham looked the most threatening for the remainder of the half, but their only real chance came a minute before the interval when Davinson Sanchez headed over Jan Vertonghen's teasing cross from the left.
- Sen. Perdue, Isakson offers condolences following Sen. McCain's
- Packers, Aaron Rodgers Agree To Massive Contract Extension
- Aretha Franklin's funeral in pictures
- Lewandowski: I warned Trump about Cohen
- Xi Jinping offers $60 bn Africa aid
- Apple to unveil latest iPhone models at event on Sept. 12
- Yankees Acquire Andrew McCutchen From Giants
- Halt on Canada's oil project seen as win for First Nation people
- Serena and Venus Trade Shots Ahead of Upcoming US Open Match
- Hawaiʻi Island and Maui County UH campuses closed due to hurricane