In 2012, it was reported a 40-year-old in the United Kingdom literally coughed out her lung through her ribs.
"His medical history included heart failure with an ejection fraction of 20 percent, bioprosthetic aortic-valve replacement for bicuspid aortic stenosis, endovascular stenting of an aortic aneurysm, and placement of a permanent pacemaker for complete heart block", the NEJM report says.
The unidentified 36-year-old man found himself in the intensive care unit at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Medical Center late last month for chronic heart failure.
Doctors were surprised by the blood clot cast.
"After a ventricular assist device was placed and anticoagulation therapy initiated, haemoptysis developed, and he expectorated a cast of the right bronchial tree", the journal wrote.
English couple thanks NYC police for finding lost engagement ring
Luckily, the NYPD has managed to retrieve the trinket and are now looking for the couple to give it back. But a happy ending was coming for what the department called its "almost engaged" couple.
Tunisians protest over visit by Saudi crown prince
The crown prince was accompanied by the Tunisian president, in an official motorcade, to Cartage presidential Palace. After an overnight stay in the Egyptian capital, he is expected to end his regional tour in Tunisia on Tuesday.
Facebook documents seized in 'unprecedented' move by United Kingdom parliament
He said: "It has not answered our questions about who knew what, when with regards to the Cambridge Analytica scandal ". They had asked for Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to appear in person or by video, but he has refused .
Last week, a hospitalized California man coughed up an intact cast of part of his right lung, a colossal blood clot almost six inches wide.
More specifically it's a six-inch-wide, unbroken cast of the right bronchial tree, part of the tubular network that distributes air to the lungs.
A man coughed up a freakish blood clot that was practically a copy of the inside of his lung, astonishing doctors around the world. Sadly, however, the patient died about a week later due to further complications involving his heart.
The 36-year-old had been admitted to hospital with heart failure, but died during his first week of treatment.
The right bronchial tree consists of three segmental branches in the lung's upper lobe, two segmental branches in the middle lobe, and five segmental branches in the lower lobe.
"It's a curiosity you can't imagine".
- Michelle Obama offers advice to Meghan Duchess of Sussex
- Baker Mayfield did not seem interested in Hue Jackson hug
- Project Fi becomes Google Fi, finally comes to iPhones
- EPL: Ilkay Gundogan speaks on Manchester City being ‘invincible’ in Premier League
- PSG Neymar 'playacting' frustrating - Liverpool's Andrew Robertson
- Jurgen Klopp Handed Punishment Over Derby Pitch Invasion
- Russian Federation to deploy new missiles to Crimea as Ukraine tensions rise
- Infinity Blade is in Fortnite Battle Royale Season 7
- Mueller: Manafort Has Lied To Investigators Since Plea Deal
- President Trump pressuring OPEC to increase oil production ahead of crucial meeting